Ministry of Social Justice, Govt. of Kerala invites Online applications for the NISH DISLI Interpreters Diploma Program. Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) introduced The Diploma in Indian Sign Language Interpreting (DISLI) program in 2002. The main aim of this diploma course is to prepare skilled, efficient, qualified and professional interpreters to work effectively in the field of deaf education and rehabilitation. Interested candidates can apply online through the official website admissions.nish.ac.in.
Subsequently, training will be given on the topics of Advanced sign language skills, perspectives of sign language usage, rules of interpreting, role and ethics of an interpreter etc. Furthermore, this course will also help teachers of the deaf to effectively communicative with their students.
Moreover, the successful candidates from the diploma course will also be eligible to be appointed as interpreters. In addition to this, RCI will also provide a Certificate of Registration.However, Interested and eligible candidates can apply only through the official website before 2 September 2017.
Below is the complete procedure to apply online:-
NISH DISLI Interpreters Diploma Online Application procedure
- Visit the official website admissions.nish.ac.in
- Click on the “Click here to Apply” link under “Diploma in Indian Sign Language Interpreting (DISLI)” section or can directly click this link
- Afterwards, an application Form will appear as shown below :-
- Here candidates have to enter all the required details correctly including personal, academic, account details etc
- Furthermore, candidates have to upload their Photograph and enter the Captcha
- Finally, candidates can click on the “Submit” button for the final Submit
- Moreover, candidates have to take out the printout of the submitted application form and also send the hard copy of the Form along with the original challan/ proof of NEFT to the Executive Director, National Institute of Speech & Hearing, NISH Road, Sreekaryam PO, Trivandrum – 695017, Kerala, India.
List of Documents required at the time of Interview
- 12th Class Certificate
- Original Challan
- Caste Certificate (For SC/ST only)
- 6 photos/li>
a) Candidates must have a degree in any subject from a Centre/ State recognized University of India.
b) Moreover, candidates should have secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2 (45% for SC/ST).
c) The candidate should be verbally fluent in atleast one language.
d) Furthermore, functional hands and hearing are must for securing admission.
1) Last Date for submission of Online Application – 2 September 2017
2) The last date to receive the Hard Copy of Online Application – 7 September 2017
3) Date of Interview – 13 September 2017
Merit for this program will be prepared on the basis of an Open house meeting of the applicants from 100 marks. Subsequently, the distribution of marks will be based on the criteria specified below :-
|2||Parents and Relatives of the Persons With Disabilities||10|
|4||Previous experience with deaf||10|
Total Seats for NISH DISLI Interpreters Diploma Program
There will be total 15 Seats under this course.
Reservations – These will be based on the guidelines of the state government. However, Twenty percent [4 seats] are reserved for SC/ ST candidates.
— General Candidates – Rs 150
— SC/ ST – Rs 75
Modes of Payment
Payment can be made both through Online and Offline Modes. However, The complete description on how to make payment has been specified below :-
Online Mode – Candidate should make the NEFT transaction to “NISH FEE ACCOUNT”, State Bank of India, Akkulam branch Account No: 67224749979 with IFSC Code SBIN0070581. Moreover, candidates must note Unique Transaction Number (UTR) and Date to enter into the Application Form.
Offline Mode – Candidates can get the offline challan from SBI Bank branches or can download the offline Challan from the official website www.admissions.nish.ac.in. Afterwards, candidates should make payment to the NISH Account No: 67224749979 at SBI, Akkulam, Thiruvananthapuram
Finally, candidates have to send the completed application Form along with the original challan/ proof of NEFT to the Executive Director, National Institute of Speech & Hearing, NISH Road, Sreekaryam PO, Trivandrum – 695017, Kerala, India.
- Currently, NISH does not provide any hostel facility
- Moreover at the time of admission, candidates are required to submit full fee. In addition to this, there is No procedure for installment
- Furthermore, Attendance criteria is 80% in Theory and 90% in Practicals
- However, passing marks should be 50% in theory and 70% in practicals
— To download the Challan Form, click on the link given below :-
— For any further query, candidates can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org