Vice President, India has launched Deen Dayal Divyangajan Sahajya Scheme in Assam. Subsequently, this scheme will benefit differently abled people of the state. Accordingly, govt. will provide a one-time grant of Rs 5000 to the Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) of the Assam state. Moreover the govt. is going to provide this money for the treatment of the differently abled people. This scheme will fulfill the dream of an inclusive society in which there is no discrimination against differently abled people.
M Venkaiah Naidu has launched this scheme on the occasion of International Day of Persons with Disabilities. Subsequently, the primary objective of this scheme is to change the perspective of the society towards differently abled persons. The society should treat them with empathy not sympathy.
Details of Deen Dayal Divyangajan Sahajya Scheme
The important features and highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
- This scheme is to change the thought process of the society towards differently abled persons and to improve their situation.
- Subsequently, the state govt. will provide a one-time grant of Rs 5000 to the differently abled people for their treatment.
- Moreover, the concerned authorities will ensure the access of these people to various public places in order to provide opportunities to them.
- In addition to this, banks and financial institutions will provide loans to the PWDs in an easy and simplified process.
- Assam govt. should also focus on making accessibility mandatory and the entire society must encourage the differently abled people in all possible manners.
- Moreover, the state govt. will also ensure that all beneficiaries must get their dues on time under several schemes.
- Furthermore, Assam govt. will carry forward the Pranam Act in which all the government employees can contribute some amount from their salaries for the welfare of elderly and differently abled family members.
As per the 2011 census, India has around 2.21% of the total 15% PWDs (Persons with disabilities) across the world. So the govt. introduced Deen Dayal Divyangajan Sahajya Scheme for the welfare of the disabled people. Now, it is the duty of the govt. to ensure that beneficiaries receives the benefits which will help them to lead a life of honor and dignity.