Central government of India is inviting online applications for the Registration of the Sellers on the Government e-marketplace (Gem Portal). The main aim is to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in acquirement of goods and services from the sellers. This portal would provide direct access of all the government departments to the sellers. Gem Portal will be helpful in consistent and Uniform Purchase procedures. Interested candidates can apply through the official website gem.gov.in.
Gem SPV, a Not for Profit company has created a one stop Government e-Marketplace (Gem) in order to facilitate online obtainment of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments/ Organizations/ PSU’s. To facilitate the users, this portal provides the tools of e-bidding, reverse e-auction and demand aggregation so that the users will get the best value for their money.
Gem portal will ensure swift payment to Suppliers/ Sellers after successful delivery of Goods & Services.
The purchases which are made through Gem by Government users have been authorized by Ministry of Finance. Candidates can apply through the online mode only. No other mode is applicable. Online Application form can be filled on the official website gem.gov.in.
The complete procedure to apply online has been specified below :-
Gem Portal Seller Online Application Procedure
- Visit the official website gem.gov.in
- On the homepage, click on the “Seller” link at the top of the page
- Next, a Registration Form for Sellers/ Service Providers will open where candidates have to enter Name, User id, Password and E-mail id and then click on the “Create account” button
- Afterwards, complete Registration Form will appear as shown below :-
- In addition to this, candidates have to enter the other necessary details including Mobile number
- An One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the registered Mobile number
- After successful verification of the OTP, candidates can click on the “Create Account” button
- Furthermore candidates have to verify the e-mail id by clicking on the “Verify E-mail” link in your given Id
- Candidates can login by entering the User id and password after the successful verification of e-mail id
- The “Seller Application Form” will appear as shown below :-
- Here candidates have to enter the detailed organization information such as Type of firm, GSTIN number, Address, Bank Account details,
- Furthermore, candidates can link their account with Aadhar by clicking on the “Save Button”
- Finally, candidates can submit their Seller Application Form by clicking on the “Submit” button to complete the Registration process
Advantages for Sellers on Gem Portal
- A Seller will get a direct access to all the registered departments of the government
- It reduces the efforts required for marketing as it is a One-stop shop for marketing
- Gem Portal provides seller with the tools of e-bidding, reverse e-auction of goods and services
- The sellers will be provided with a New product suggestion facility
- Gem Portal will provide freedom from Product / Model Registration
- Seller gets a user friendly dashboard for selling and monitoring of supplies and payments
- A Seller will get a higher value for his goods and services as it is based on the concept of Dyanamic Pricing (Changing of prices according to market conditions)
- This portal ensure Dynamic product listing (no need to run for model up-gradation/changes). Seller can list his latest products and market them based on features and his competitive prices
- The sellers will receive timely payments from government departments directly into their Bank Account
- Gem Portal will ensure uniform and consistent purchase procedures
Selling Procedure on Gem Portal
— Step-1 : Seller has to make online Registration on the Gem portal.
— Step-2 : Seller has to list his products under specific product categories.
— Step-3 : After receiving the order, seller has to deliver the product to the Consignee and also entering its details on the portal.
— Step-4 : After the successful delivery of the product, Consignee shall inspect/ test the product for its conformity with contract specifications and issue digitally/ e-signed Consignee’s Receipt and Acceptance Certificate (CRAC).
— Step-5 : After CRAC, buyer will process the bill and forward to the paying authority for time bound payments.
For any further query, candidates can contact the “Support desk” by calling 011-49728800 or can contact the persons from the list given below :-
This post was last modified on October 26, 2017 12:32 pm