Universal Health Coverage (UHC) Scheme : The state govt. of Karnataka is all set to launch a Universal Health Coverage (UHC) scheme / Aarogya Bhagya Scheme on 1 November 2017. This scheme aims at providing free medical assistance to all the citizens without any discrepancy among Above Poverty Line (APL) and Below Poverty Line (BPL) Card Holders. Moreover, this scheme will benefit nearly 1.4 core households across the state.
“In emergencies defined for both accidents and medical/surgical emergencies treatment can be provided in the nearest facility available irrespective of government or private to ensure ‘Treatment first and Payment Next’,” Jayachandra said.
The free Healthcare facilities will be provided through an Aadhar-linked Universal Health Card. Subsequently, the Aarogya Bhagya Scheme targets the socially and economically backward classes of the society. This scheme will also provide free rice to needy households and free milk to the school students to remain fit.
Objectives of Aarogya Bhagya Scheme
The main objective of this scheme is to provide accurate Health services in government as well as private hospitals. For this reason, the Health Ministry has standardized the diseases which can get free services under the Aarogya Bhagya Scheme. Subsequently, this scheme will provide “Cashless treatment” facilities to all the citizens at all the government hospitals and even at selected private em-paneled institutions and hospitals
Highlights of Karnataka Aarogya Bhagya Scheme
- The Universal Health Coverage (UHC) Scheme will cover 14 million households across the state.
- The state govt will issue an Aadhar-linked Universal Health Card to avail the benefits of Aarogya Bhagya Scheme.
- This scheme will cover all the citizens without any discrepancy between APL and BPL Card holders.
- According to Official Notification, the seven previous healthcare schemes of the state govt. will get integrated under Aarogya Bhagya Scheme. Moreover, the state govt. will spend Rs 1030 crore to integrate these schemes under one platform.
- The state government will ensure cashless treatment in all the government as well as the private hospitals.
- Govt. will provide free treatment facilities and medical bills will get settled through Insurance.
- Moreover, govt. will fix the rates of various secondary and tertiary mode of payments to the private hospitals under Karnataka Private Medical Establishments rules.
- This scheme will become operational in all districts on 1 November 2017 at Kannada Rajyotsava day.
Karnataka Aarogya Bhagya Scheme Online Application Procedure
Similar to the Health Care Schemes of other states, the Karnataka govt. may also invite online applications under this scheme. Subsequently, this could be done through the Karnataka govt. official website or through a new dedicated portal. If the applications are invited, then the candidates will have to register themselves and fill the online application form for Aarogya Bhagya Scheme. Moreover, as soon as the application forms will get available, we will Update it Here.
Implementation of Aarogya Bhagya Scheme
The state govt. will provide the healthcare facilities by categorizing the beneficiaries into two groups – A and B.
- Category A –
- This category comprises of 10.5 million households including farmers, teachers of aided schools, Anganwadi (childcare centre) workers, SC / ST, sanitation workers, media professionals, unorganized workers, and even public servants.
- Moreover, the beneficiaries of Category A shall not have to make any contribution towards the Aarogya Bhagya Scheme.
- Category B –
- This category includes around 3 million households who do not come under Category A
- Moreover, the people living in rural areas are required to contribute Rs 300 per person and those in urban areas Rs 700 per person as an Insurance Premium to avail the benefits of this scheme.
Previous Schemes to be Merged in The Aarogya Bhagya Scheme
To ensure effective and transparent implementation of the scheme, govt. will merge 7 existing schemes into a single platform. Accordingly, the list of 7 previous schemes that are going to be merged are as follows :-
|Rajiv Arogya Bhagya Scheme||Vajpayee Arogyashree Scheme|
|Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish scheme||Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme|
|Janani shishu suraksha karyakram||Rashtriya Swasthaya Bima Yojana|
|Jyothi Sanjeevini Scheme|
Insurance Premium of Aarogya Bhagya Scheme
The Insurance Premium for both the Categories has been described below :-
- The Category A households wouldn’t have to make any contribution towards this scheme.
- However, the Category B households living in the rural areas have to contribute Rs 300 p.a while urban households have to pay Rs 700 p.a as an Insurance Premium.
Moreover, the state govt. will fix the rates of secondary and tertiary procedures under the Karnataka Private Medical Establishments rules to be paid to the private hospitals. Furthermore, the state government has taken all the effective measures to ensure better Living standards of the citizens of Karnataka.