Efficient Electric Chulha / Solar Stove : Ministry of Petroleum and Natural gas, Govt. of India is inviting online applications for ONGC Startup Solar Chulha Design Contest 2017 to design, innovate and create Solar Chulha (stove). Subsequently, this will provide clean fuel to every Indian kitchen at low cost. Moreover, this Chulha will improve the health of women belonging to the poor sections of the society. Accordingly interested researchers, innovators, scientists and entrepreneurs can apply online and make registrations for this contest at startup.ongc.co.in
The winner of this design contest (top 3 designs) will get prize money of Rs 10 lakh, 5 lakh and 3 lakh respectively. Subsequently, interested and eligible candidates can make online registrations and apply online through the official website before 1 December 2017.
Below is the complete procedure to apply online :-
ONGC Startup Solar Chulha Design Contest 2017 Online Application Procedure
- Visit the official website startup.ongc.co.in
- Subsequently on the homepage, click the image “Take up the Challenge to design an Efficient Electric Chulha” or directly click this link
- Accordingly, click the “Online Application form for Solar Chulha innovation Challenge – Form A” link at the bottom of the page.
- Afterwards, an Application Form will appear as shown below :-
- Here candidates have to fill all the asked details correctly and accurately as per the prescribed format.
- Finally, candidates have to click the “Submit” button to complete the “Part-A” of the Application Form.
- Furthermore, the shortlisted candidates will have to demonstrate their innovated Chulha by the end of April 2018. For this reason, candidates will have to submit “Part-B of the application form” latest by 15 April 2018.
a) This Solar Chulha Design and Innovation Challenge is open to all Entrepreneurs / Scientists / Researchers having interest in innovation. Moreover, they can participate either as individual or in groups / teams.
b) In addition to this, young and talented students from various academic and research institutions can also participate through the 3rd National Competition 2017 on Design, Development and Demonstration of Solar Chulha, announced by the ONGC Energy Center. (details at http://www.ongcindia.com/wps/wcm/connect/ongcindia/home/ongc-energy-centre under News/ Tenders / Advertisement tab).
c) Moreover, following persons and relatives of these people are not eligible to participate in this Contest :-
— An ONGC employee who is directly involved in the execution and evaluation of the Design Contest.
— Any member of the Evaluation panel of the Challenge – Experts and Jury for the Contest.
Details of ONGC Startup Solar Chulha Design Contest 2017
- Functions / Performance / Features of Solar Chulha –
- Solar Chulha should cook at at any time of need, during day and Night (24*7)
- Subsequently, Chulha should be used to perform all the functions (boiling, baking, frying, chapati making, streaming) similar to the gas stoves.
- In addition to this, it should be easy and safe to use while operating.
- Candidates must build Solar Chulha with the help of easily available and safely disposable materials.
- Accordingly, this chulha should work independently or in conjunction with some power source / grid.
- It should work efficiently in cooking meals for at-least 5 persons in a family.
- Moreover this Electric Efficient Chulha should store energy, having a lifetime of around 2500 cycles.
- Furthermore, it can be produced for masses to achieve better quality control and economies of scale.
- Cost of Solar Chulha –
- The expected total cost of Chulha along the energy source must not exceed Rs 10,000.
Awards and Prize Money
a) ONGC will give awards to the first 3 winners :-
— First prize (1st) – Rs 10 lakh
— Second Prize (2nd) – Rs 5 lakh
— Third Prize (3rd) – Rs 3 lakh
b) After successful demonstration and testing of performance of a few units, ONGC will procure around 1000 units for demonstration across different regions. For this reason, ONGC may provide support for fabrication of these units from the ONGC Fund.
Moreover, candidates can see the detailed advertisement as shown in the figure :-
- Stage-1 : Expert panels will select 10 entries on the basis of the “Evaluation Matrix”. However, they can invite more entries, if found attractive.
- Stage-2 : The shortlisted candidates will have to demonstrate the Solar Chulha at New Delhi by the end of April next year.
|Fulfillment of Boundary conditions||25%|
|Integration and Implementation||10%|
|Make in India||5%|
— Candidates can see the PM Modi Speech.
— Subsequently, candidates can more details about the Contest by clicking the link given below :-
— Moreover for any further query, candidates can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates can also see the “Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana” launched by the central government to provide scholarships to the school children interested in Philately (stamp collection).