Central government has launched Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) with the aim of providing financial support to the farmers suffering from crop loss and encouraging farmers to adopt innovative and modern agricultural practices. The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) will replace the existing two schemes National Agricultural Insurance Scheme as well as the Modified NAIS. Applications for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) are being invited by the center govt through online mode only. Farmers can apply online for this scheme by visiting the official website agri-insurance.gov.in
Under this scheme, farmers will get full sum of their insured money without any reduction and will ensure the flow of credit to the agriculture sector. This scheme will cover risks of prevention of pre-planting/sowing, post-harvesting, standing crops and localized calamities.
Latest Update – Apply Online as Farmer for Crop Insurance for Kharif 2018 season under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana through the link – PMFBY Kharif 2018 Online Application Form for Farmers
Farmers have to fill the application form online to get covered under this “Crop Insurance Scheme”. The complete procedure to apply online for PMFBY is specified below :-
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) Application Form Procedure
- Visit the official website agri-insurance.gov.in
- Click on “Farmer Application” tab
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana application form will appear as shown below
- Application form should be filled online by the farmer by providing all the relevant details and uploading the required documents (Land Records, Sowing Certificate, Address/Id Proof)
- Afterwards, click on “Save and Continue”
- Finally submit your Application Form online
- Providing financial support to the farmers suffering from crop loss/damage arising out of unforeseen events.
- Encouraging farmers to adopt innovative and modern agricultural practices.
- Stabilizing the income of farmers to ensure their continuance in farming.
- Ensuring flow of credit to the agriculture sector which will contribute to food security and crop diversification.
- Enhancing growth and competitiveness of agriculture sector besides protecting farmers from production risks.
Crops Covered under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
– Food crops like Cereals, Millets and Pulses
– Annual Commercial/Horticultural crops
|Farmers will get claim against full sum of insured money without any reduction|
|2% premium for Kharif crops and 1.5% premium for Rabi crops|
|5% premium for annual commercial and horticultural crops|
|No upper limit on Government subsidy, even if balance premium is 50%, it will be borne by the government|
|There will be “One Crop, One Rate”|
|Smartphones will be used to capture and upload data of crop cutting to reduce delays in claim payment to farmers|
|Remote Sensing will reduce the number of crop cutting experiments|
Coverage of Risks under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
Following stages of risks leading to crop loss are covered under the scheme :-
- Prevented Sowing /Planting due to deficit rainfall or adverse seasonal conditions.
- Risk insurance is provided to cover yield losses of standing crops due to non- preventable risks like Drought, Flood, Pests, Landslide, Natural Fire and Lightening, Storm, Hailstorm, Cyclone, Typhoon, Hurricane and Tornado.
- Crops which are allowed to dry in cut and spread condition in the field after harvesting against unseasonal rains or cyclone.
- Loss/ damage resulting from occurrence of identified localized calamities of hailstorm or landslide affecting isolated farms in the notified area.
- Losses arising out of war and nuclear risks, malicious damage and other preventable risks shall not be covered.
Comparison with Previous Schemes
A detailed comparison is given below :-