Recently, Modi government has decided to continue implementation of Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) till FY 2019-20. Under this scheme, Central government has fixed the target to create employment opportunities for 15 lakh people. The government will provide more Rs. 5,500 crore exchequer to implement PMEGB scheme. All the interested and eligible candidates can apply online by visiting the portal of PMEGP at kviconline.gov.in.
CCEA has approved to continue implementation of PMEGP Scheme from 2017-18 to 2019-20 by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) at the national level. At State / District Level, State offices of KVIC, Khadi and Village Industries Boards (KVIBs) and District Industry Centres (DIC) are the nodal agency to implement the Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP).
PMEGP is credit-linked subsidy programme started by Ministry of Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises (MSME) operational since 2008-09. The objective of the scheme is to create self-employment opportunities through establishment of micro-enterprises in the non-farm sector.
PMEGP Online Application Form
The candidates can follow the steps to complete the online registration process for Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme.
- Firstly visit the official website at my.msme.gov.in or kviconline.gov.in
- Here click the ” Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)” or “PMEGP ePortal” link on the homepage.
- After the clicking, PMEGP ePortal will open as shown below.
- Here click “Online Application Form For Individual” link to fill the application form.
- Afterwards, Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) application form will open as shown below.
- Candidates must read the pmegp guidelines to fill the online application form.
- Now fill all the details and click the “Submit” button to complete the pmegp registration process.
- In last, registered candidates can make “PMEGP Login” on the e-portal.
Under the scheme, central govt. is providing financial assistance to help traditional artisans and unemployed youth in rural/urban areas. According to the data, this scheme has provided jobs to 37.98 unemployment people till 31 January 2018.
List of Required Documents
- Aadhaar Number
- Proof of Birth Date
- Qualification Details / Marksheets
- Bank Details
- Address for Communication
To get more details regarding the scheme, interested candidates can download the PDF of PMEGP scheme by clicking on below link.